Just for You!



I love to stitch on cards but often forget to do it!  Today on my Cards in Envy challenge blog, we have a new challenge called "Stitched Up (Real or Faux)."  Of course, the challenge is to create an A2 card that fits in an envelope for regular first class postage (no lumpy bumpy embellishments) that has real or faux stitching on it.

I decided to do something a little different for this card and instead of stitching around the edges of the paper, I used a piercing template to pierce a flourish design and then used a Copic Multiliner Gray 0.3 pen to draw stitch lines between each pierced hole.  This is an easy and simple way to get that stitched look without really stitching!  I then used my Tim Holtz Heartfelt Love stamps to stamp a light floral image and then several lightly inked butterflies using Memento ink in Bamboo Leaves, Lady Bug, London Fog and Grape Jelly colors.  I then stamped one butterfly with London Fog, colored it in with my C5 Copic marker and cut it out and mounted to the card front with a small foam dot.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink "Daily Designs Sentiments" and stamped with the London Fog Memento ink and punched out with a Stampin' Up! Paper Shapers label punch.

So now it's your turn to get "Stitched Up."  Head over to my Cards in Envy blog and join in on the challenge.  We don't have prizes but we do award two fun badges for your own blog, a First Class badge for the designer's favorite card and several In the Mailbox badges for our runners up!  The challenge goes until June 30th.

Hope to see you there!

Popular Posts