Just a Note


Well, this card is in sharp contrast to what we have been having for weather the last...what? four days!  Lots of sleet and ice--about 3 inches and the roads are so slick that some freeways and highways were closed! The temp finally climbed a little bit above freezing on Sunday for a few hours, but the road quickly froze again.  The one good thing--I got all my Christmas decorating done!  This year I put up three trees. I love ornaments and lots of Christmas cheer.  I put a tree in the Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen and my Craft Room.  If I had another one and enough ornaments I would have put one in the office too!

Anyway, this card speaks of springtime doesn't it?  The designers were given a choice of several different digital stamps from our challenge sponsor, Delicious Doodles.  I chose this pretty Butterfly Frame image as I felt that it would really go well with our Seems a Little Sketchy Sketch # 54 and it did!

I colored up the image with my Copic Markers:

  • Flowers BV00, BV02, BV04, Y08
  • Leaves & Stems YG03, G82
  • Butterfly Y08 
  • Frame BV00, BV04
  • Background BV000

I used papers from Bo Bunny's 6x6 pad "Autumn Song" and colored white cardstock with the BV04 to create matching mats. The butterfly has been cut out and double matted so that it looks like it's about to fly away. I put a bit of Lavender Stickles on the flowers and the butterfly to add some sparkle. The ribbon is Hug Snug seam binding ribbon  in Forsythia yellow.  The sentiment was punched with a Stampin' Up! Oval Scallop punch.  I also colored the clear rhinestones with BV04 to give them a lavender tone.  The sentiment is an acrylic stamp from Papertrey Ink--Daily Design Sentiments.

The Seems a Little Sketchy challenge for sketch 54  runs for 2 weeks. Delicious Doodles will be giving 4 digi images to a random winner that joins our challenge.

If you are frozen in like we are, this is a fun sketch to use for a card.  Hope to see you joining the challenge.

And stay warm!


Popular Posts