Sparkly Red and Green


Well, it's time for our last Digi Haven challenge for 2013!  The theme this time was Red and Green.  I selected this cardinal on a holly branch as my digi image from our sponsor MYGRAFICO.  It's from a digital set called Nature's Christmas.  When I started coloring it with my Copic markers, I wasn't sure if the beautiful scrolls were part of the bird (which a cardinal certainly does not have tail feathers like that) or part of the branch or just decorative but since our challenge was red AND green, I knew I would either color it red OR green.  So I went with red and it does make it look like part of the bird--well, maybe a little. Ha, ha.  However, I love the image and couldn't help but make it sparkly by painting the bird, the scrolls, the berries and leaves with Stickles.  I used the Xmas Red color and the Crystal.  It's is really sparkly in real life.  The Copic markers used were the R27, R29 and R46 for the bird, scrolls and berries plus G05, G07 and G09 for the leaves.  I used papers from a 6x6 paper pad called City Sidewalks by Recollections and tied a bow with some sparkly Darice red canvas cord.

So, are you still making cards for Christmas or have you "wrapped up" that part of your holiday. Perhaps you are planning on some last minute Christmas shopping over the weekend, but I do hope you will take some time for just yourself and create a RED and GREEN card for our Digi Haven challenge--it runs for 2 weeks.  After that, we are taking a bit of a break for the holidays but will be back on the January 10th with a Baby It's Cold Outside challenge!  Oh yes, there is a prize from our sponsor to one random winner that links to the challenge--it could be you!

Take care and have a wonderful, wonderful Christmas!





Popular Posts