Happy 4th of July (A Few Days Late)



Yes, the 4th of July and the holiday weekend has come and gone here in the United States but the theme this time at Cards in Envy is "Stars AND Stripes" so I wanted to create a patriotic card.  Now, if you join in the challenge you don't HAVE to do a patriotic card--it can be any theme, any color as long as it has stars AND stripes.  Also, your card must be A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") and flat enough to fit in an envelope for mailing.

For this card, I used lots of layers!  The patterned papers are from the Fancy Pants 6x6 pack (which I've been using a LOT lately) "Nautical."  I also used Dark Navy Cardstock and White Cardstock.  I cut all the layers and  then hand cut the ends of the banners and put it all together.  The sentiment is from a digital image called Patriotic Sheep (I didn't use the sheep) from Doodle Pantry.  To finish it off I added two flat silver star brads.

This challenge on Cards in Envy runs until 6 p.m. (Central) Sunday, July 20th.  Plenty of time for you to create a card (or two) following the theme Stars AND Stripes.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts