Happy Birthday to You!



Is it your birthday?   No? Well, it has to be somebody's birthday today or this week!  To celebrate, Cards in Envy is hosting a "HappyBirthday to You!" card challenge.


For my card, I chose to use this adorable digi image by From the Heart Stamps called "Lady Bug Lift Off." I just love that little chick and the lady bug and the balloons.  I really had fun coloring this one with my Copic markers (shown in the photo below) and paired it up with papers from a 6x6 designer pad by My Mind's Eye "My Girl."  I've had this paper pad for a while and it is nearly all gone.  Guess it had colors and prints that I really liked.  I'll be sad to see it all gone.  I matted the designer papers with a turquoise cardstock and used foam tape on the single balloon and the sentiment.  The sentiment is Papertrey Ink "Handwritten Notes" stamped with Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise ink. The string on the one balloon is from American Crafts.

So, are you making any birthday cards this month?  If yes, why not share them with us over on the Cards in Envy challenge.  There's no prize but we do pick our favorite cards and award fun badges for your blog. The challenge runs until August 3rd.  Lots of time for you to make a birthday card or two.  Just remember, it must be an A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") and flat enough to fit in an envelope for mailing.


Happy Crafting!

Check out the adorable digi images at From the Heart Stamps--CLICK HERE

Popular Posts