Just a Little Bit French Country

Good afternoon! It's a cool rainy day here in North Texas!  Very unusual for the end of July!  We just got back from lunch and the temperature was 67(f) degrees!!  Wow!   Anyway, on to the crafty part of this post--this is my French Country Mini Album.  A few months ago, I designed a prototype album using what I call a Flip hinge. This album had been sitting on the counter unfinished and  I was tired of looking at it that way. So I decided to use my Graphic 45 French Country papers that I've been hoarding for just the right project.  I think this was the right one.  The only bad thing is, I used up all of the paper pad except for two or three sheets.   This album has a very wide spine--over 3" and I created a hinge that uses 1/2" gussets so you can add lots of embellishments INSIDE the album along with your photos and the album will still close up flat. Or at least I think it will unless you use a ton of super thick embellishments and ephemera. I will be re-creating this album and writing up a tutorial along with a video as I work on my Circus wagon project.  The album will fit inside the wagon!  Not this album as it has too much decorative stuff on the front!

Below is a photo of that super wide spine.  I added a trinket piece that I created with charms, chains and ribbon.



Since there's just no way to show an album really good with photos, I did a quick Youtube video  of the album.  You can watch it here on my blog or click on the "Youtube" symbol/wording on the bottom of the video to see it in Youtube.


It's still raining and I'm all caught up for today on office stuff, so I'm sneaking upstairs to the crafty room to do some prep work for the tutorial.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts