What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday and Sad News

Well it's been a few weeks since I've remembered to take a photo of my workdesk in my crafty room.  I snapped this photo early this morning but it is now nearing 5:00 p.m. here and I'm just now getting around to posting it.

First, I'll share a bit about what's going on here.  My Copic case and markers have been there for what? a couple of weeks I think.  Left from the last cards I made as is the blue adhesive gun.  The tools are my usual tools and pretty much stay here all the time.  I do have a new thing that I just LOVE!  It's that little white bottle with the yellow trim on the far right.  That's an 18 gauge refillable glue dispenser.  It has a little needle type lid that keeps it from clogging up. I put my white Scotch Quick Dry glue in it and it works fabulous and puts out just the right amount of gue!  I ordered it from Amazon.  Also on my workdesk to the far left is the black mini wallet album I plan on decorating and finishing this weekend.  It's for a kit I will be putting in my shop next week.  Front and almost center are some things that arrived this week from Paper Phenomenon--chocolate colored paper bags and a doo-dad charm piece for a paper bag album tutorial (also from Paper Phenomenon) that I hope to create one day.  The yellow ribbon on the card was a free gift with my order.  My video camera is also lying there as my daughter borrowed it to create a vlog.  All in all pretty neat and nothing going on as I've been so busy with work and trips the last two weekends that I have not had a minute to craft a single thing!  So...if you like browsing around and looking at different crafters workdesks, then you should head over to Julia's blog post at the Stamping Ground and click on a linky or two. This happens every Wednesday and you are invited to join in!

I've had some ask and here's the link to the Fineline 18 gauge Dispenser you can order from Amazon.

And here's my long, personal news and some sad news I've learned this week.  If you are here just for WOYWW it is okay to leave now.

First, for those that follow regularly you know that hubby and I went on a short anniversary trip last week and over the weekend.  We would have had a great time except that when we arrived in Galveston and stopped at a beach on the far end of the island (because I had to get a close up photo of the beach), hubby and I walked through some of the awful seaweed that is plaguing the area.  Stinky!  Now I took off my shoes and walked through it to the water but hubby left his shoes and socks on and then would not change into dry ones and wore the wet ones all day.  Shortly after we ate lunch on The Strand at the drug store (fabulous burgers and sandwiches by the way) He started noticing that it was painful to walk but chalked it up to a good size jackhammer job he did the day before. So we continued on--we or rather I had ice cream at La King, bought some candy and watched a taffy pull. Then we toured the sailing ship and watched the Great Hurricane movie.  He fell asleep during that and was still complaining about his ankles.  We had dinner at the Fisherman's Wharf and shared a seafood platter but he just didn't feel much like eating....so we drove to our hotel room by the Space Center.  He was feeling so bad that he took off his clothes and feel asleep again at 7:30 at night and slept ALL NIGHT!  That was when I noticed he had these weird red blotches on his feet, ankles and lower legs.  The next morning he said it felt better but those marks had me worried but he said he was okay.  We ate breakfast and spent most of the day at the Space Center then went to Kemah Boardwalk, rode the Ferris Wheel and dined at the Pier 8 Fish Market.  By that time he was feeling even worse.  I wanted to take him to the ER but you know how some men are...I fianlly get him back to our room and the red marks are worse! Some were almost black and purple.  And he even threw up! But still wouldn't agree to go to the ER.  That's when I  Googled "Seaweed and red mark"  to discover there are some that are poisonous, have tiny jelly fish and such in them AND if trapped under your clothing cause a reaction and yellow, black and/or red blotches!  Treatment was Benadryl (which I had), Cortizone ointment and a cleansing of the area with rubbing alcohol.  Off I went to the drug store for those items.   He again slept all night from about 8:00 p.m. until 8:30 the next morning.  He felt some better BUT I insisted that he go to a Urgent Care clinic.  They gave him a steroid shot and antibiotics.  We end our trip short and headed for home.  He drove us out of Houston because I'm a better navigator than him, reading maps and watching for signs.  Just outside the city limits I took the wheel and drove the whole way home (over 6 hours) stopping often for Diet Pepsi (to keep me awake) and potty breaks.  Hubby slept nearly the entire time!  He is doing some better now, still taking the meds and the red marks are starting to fade.  My advise---stay away from SEAWEED!  And to make matters worse, this morning at 5:00 a.m. he work up and said:  "We forgot to go to the battleship!"   Oh no!  That was one of the main things we went to see.  Guess we'll be going back again.  Probably in the fall. Ha, Ha.  I did take some photos of our trip.  Hubby however looks miserable. Which he was.  But here's a nice image of a palm tree to prove we were there!  And as my friend Barb said---"Sounds like the honeymoon from hell."  Yep, I guess it was.


If you are still with me, the last thing I want to share today that is weighing heavy on my heart and mind is the sad news I've received about my online friend Denise. We met a few years ago when I applied to be a Designer on her new challenge blog, Digi Haven.  She picked me!   And we quickly became friends, sharing things on Facebook and by private message.  We started another blog challenge together called Cards in Envy which she later had to turn over to me because of work and family.  This week she received a diagnosis of a very serious illness and the outcome for her does not look good unless the doctors and tests are wrong and the prayers from the hearts of many are answered.  I so believe in the power of faith, hope and love and I would appreciate any prayers or special thoughts you can send Denise's way.

Thank you and Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts