You're the Best!


Comanche High School
It keeps the Golden Rule,
In all Dixie Land,
There's none quite so grand
As our own dear high school,
They say days will come
When we are far away
But whenever we stray
We will come back someday
To our own dear
COMANCHE HIGH SCHOOL.

Rah, Rah!
Go Black and Gold!!

Today starts a new challenge at Cards in Envy and in honor of schools being back in session, our challenge this time is to create an A2 card using SCHOOL COLORS.  Of course, I went with my own high school colors--BLACK & GOLD from Comanche High School in Comanche, Texas. Occasionally our uniforms would have white thrown in too.  Now, with this challenge you do NOT have to make a school card (but you can if you want).  You only have to make an A2 card that is flat enough to fit in an envy for mailing using YOUR FAVORITE SCHOOL COLORS and share with us what those colors are in your blog post that features your card.   The challenge runs for two weeks and the designers will pick a FIRST CLASS card and several IN THE MAILBOX cards to receive blog badges.

For my card, I pulled out a 6x6 Designer paper pad by My Mind's Eye "Nostalgia" which is not only a perfect name for papers when creating a card honoring my high school but it also had fabulous prints in Black and Gold!  I added black ribbon with gold & black flowers from my stash.  And stamped the sentiment with black ink using a Papertrey Ink Sentiment stamp from their "Handwritten Notes" collection.  The center of the flower is punched from some of the paper in the pad using a 1/2" circle punch.

So what's your favorite school colors?  I hope you create a card with those colors and share them with us at Cards in Envy!

Happy crafting,

Popular Posts