Crafting with Graphic 45 Couture!


Well snap.  I did it again. I've been gone from the blog for DAYS.  A week to be exact. So sorry. It's not that I haven't been crafting because I have, but I've been busy with life and crafting and I was out of town for a few days to celebrate National Scrapbook Day at Flossie Scrapper.  Anyway, today I'm sharing what I worked on (and finished) at the NSD crop.  This is for those of you who have seen my Tackle Box project (I'll be teaching the class at Flossie Scrapper on May 21st) and you keep saying...."I don't need a tackle box."  Well--you don't have to make it a tackle box. Nope. Not at all. This case is the exact same one that I designed for the Tackle Box. Different papers, different ephemera and tada....you have a lovely jewelry case, make up case, sewing case etc.  This one is done up with the beautiful Couture Graphic 45 paper collection.   It also has a tray on the inside just like the tackle box but I didn't get a photo of that.  I took all these photos on my work table at the crop and I've left the finished case at the store for you to stop by and look at.  Inside this case, I only created one photo insert booklet. It's on top of my planner in the photo below.  Once dry, it will be clear and the roses have some sparkly Wink of Stella on them to really enhance the piece.


Here's the back side of the case.  I used some really pretty lace that I sprayed with Prima Tea Stain and cut down to a size that I needed for the case.  I also added some Prima flowers along with the fussy cut flowers from the Couture paper.










If you are planning on taking this class on the 21st AND you want to decorate yours with the Couture collection, you can purchase the papers from Flossie Scrapper.  Vicky has lots of this collection at the store.  You will need your paper in class to construct your case so it's important that you make that decision before class day.  Also, the tackle box uses different closures and hinges (which is what you will be doing in class) so if you want metal hinges and closures similar to this case, you'll need to find those on your own.

Well, that's all for today. I'd like to say that I will do better at blogging more often but I can't make that promise but will try to do better.

Happy Crafting!





Popular Posts