Texas Girls Just Want to Have Fun!


Okay...don't yell at me! I know ALL girls want to have fun. Right? But I just couldn't resist putting the name of my state on the license plate of that adorable little car!  So...here it is the first Monday of May. Crazy, isn't it?!!  Anyway, the first Monday of the month means...it's time for another card challenge over on Cards in Envy.  This time, because Mother's Day will be here in just a few days, we decided to go with a theme for the ladies--"Just Us Girls."  This means we want to see cards that are girly or feminine and appropriate to send to a female.  Cards for this challenge can be for any occasion, of course and they can be any size and any shape as long as they are flat enough to fit in an envy for mailing.

For my card, I decided to go with something that clearly depicts "Just Us Girls!"  I used the adorable "Girl Friends" Rubber Stamp by Art Impressions for my image and colored it with Copic Markers.  Then I used some mini alpha stickers for the license plate state.  The patterned papers are from a old 6x6 pad--Bo Bunny Surprise! Collection.  I tied a bow from hot pink twine, punched hot pink flowers with a flower punch and added Nuvo Crystal Drops to the centers of the flowers in Dandelion Yellow.  I fussy cut out the "Girlfriends" in their car and attached it onto the card with a Wobbler spring and printed up the sentiment on my computer.  I created a 5"x 5" card for this so there would be plenty of room for the "moving" car and the flowers.  It does look like the are having a blast!

I hope you'll join us for this fun card challenge.  It's a great way to use up some of your paper stash (other goodies too) and have a few cards ready for when you need them.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts