Best Wishes with Butterflies and Wings for Cards in Envy


Hi, all!  It's time for another card challenge over on Cards in Envy!  This time the theme is "Wings" which means cards featuring things that have wings.  I went with butterflies.  You may have noticed lately that my cards are fairly simple.  I'm liking that a lot since I'm super busy right now with class kit prep and design team work with Graphic 45 which involves designing, creating, publishing tutorials and such.  Not that I mind.  I truly love it but I am busy as I still have office work to do for our construction business.  But busy hands are....well, what ever the saying is, I'm that and I'm happy!


This type of card is so very easy to make!  Here's the details on how I made it:

  1. Cut an A2 card base out of white cardstock.  I like to use a very heavy weight like 80 lb. or so.

  2. Punch out butterflies with a Stampin' Up! or other type punch through the front of the card base.

  3. Select pretty patterned paper (I used some scraps from my stash) and cut one slightly smaller than the card base and attach on the inside just at the top so it backs the butterflies.

  4. Cut more strips of the same paper and adhere to the top front of the card.

  5. Stamp a sentiment.  I used Papertrey Inks Mixed Messages acrylic stamps and Memento Lilac Posies ink.

  6. Tie a ribbon or button string around the patterned paper at the top of the card. I used button string from May Arts.

And that's it! Card is done.  Simple but pretty.

I hope you'll try to join us for our "Wings" card challenge over on Cards in Envy!

Happy Crafting,



Popular Posts