Children's Hour Journal Book for Finish it Friday


I had to really think about which unfinished project I wanted to choose for my next Finish it Friday.  I do have several to pick from but in the end, I decided to go with this one.  I think it's been in this plastic tote box for hmmmm....a year and a half maybe. Definitely time for me to get it done!  The main idea for this journal book is from a YouTube video by Anne of Anne's Paper Creations.  I made one and taught a class and then I started this one and only got it partially done.  The collection that I decided to use on it is Graphic 45's "Children's Hour" which is a fun calendar type collection that's perfect for a journal type book.  If you are wanting to make one similar to this and can no longer find this collection, you might want to check out the new Graphic 45 collection that will be available in September--"Seasons."

Anyway, I've picked this one as my next Finish it Friday project.  I'm not sure how long it will take me or rather how many Fridays it will take but I'm going to have a go at it.  Sadly, I can't work on it this Friday as I have a project on my work desk I was hoping to finish today but there have been some snags in the work office and with the main item of the project. I am still working on it today but know it won't be completely done until next week.

Here's a closer photo of the Journal book.


It's got some really great detail and flaps and fold outs and of course, I love the pink!  As you can see, the outside is completely patterned.  Just need to add some of those pretty flowers and other embellishments. However, there are plenty of blank pages still to work on for the inside.


It's been a really busy and really hot week here for us in North Texas. We've had a couple of 100 plus degree days and heat advisories. Makes me really thankful for our air conditioning and a new white metal roof that helps reflect some of that heat.  I'll be teaching a class tomorrow at Flossie Scrapper in Joshua, Texas.  If you are out and about come check out the store and say hi.

Happy Crafting!

Sandy


Popular Posts