Christmas is Coming!


Nope, I have not put up our Christmas tree or any Christmas decorations yet.  But soon.  I hope very soon! Christmas is coming and if you look at the calendar well....you know. Ha, ha.

I thought I would share this card in a box that I made a few months ago.  I had extra time at a retreat and had extra supplies and figured...why not.   I think I used an older Authentique Christmas paper collection.

I've since donated this as a craft item to sell for a pet group in my town called  Weatherford Whiskers.  They rescue baby kittens that need to be bottle fed  and socialize them for adoption as indoor cats.  They also rescue feral cats that are in the barn cat room at the local shelter.  They find them a "barn home" where they can be outside and fed instead of scrounging on their own for food.  It's a wonderful organization and if you love cats and want to donate or buy needed items on their wish list you can find out more on their Facebook page.

Here's the card folded down...


These are really easy and fun to make.  If you've never made one and want to have a go at it, just Google card in a box or card in a box explosion card.  You'll find lots of templates, measurements and tutorials.

This is what it looks like on the back when folded down.


Update on the Barn project that I'm hoping to start on December 2nd here on my blog and my YouTube channel.  My barn kit and supplies have not arrived.  Country Craft Creations sent it to me via USPS last week. And it was supposed to be here on Friday after Thanksgiving but I guess the post office is having trouble between here and Utah as the tracking says it's been "delayed" and won't arrive on the scheduled date.  Really?  I know that! It's Tuesday after Thanksgiving  and it's still not here!!  So....if it arrives by Friday this week, I will start the project tutorial series on time.  If it doesn't I will start it as soon as I can and will let you know.  So sorry about that but we have no control of what happens once it's in the postal system.  Be assured this is NOT Country Craft Creations fault.  They ship super fast and my packages have always arrived sooner than I expect.  This is the first time this has happened.  Perhaps a truck or plane or something broke down and it's coming by turtle!  Last location reported for the package was Phoenix and that was on the 24th.  It's just says "in transit to Weatherford, Texas."

 
Winter Barn * Photo from Country Craft Creations 



To refresh your memory...this is what I'll be working on and if you want to make one too, order it from Country Craft Creations sooner than later as the post office is getting really slow!

Happy Crafting!


Sandy




Popular Posts