Be Happy + Hot Beach Babes!


What a title combination! Granted if you were a guy.....but my title has to do with today's new challenge over on Digi Haven. What?  Ha, ha.  The theme this week is "Beach."  Which is pretty appropriate for this time of the year in most places.  It is now super hot here in Texas.  Summer is in full swing and yet is winding down.  School will be starting in just a few weeks and I have yet to head down to the coast this year though I don't go there for the beach but rather for the fishing with my hubby.  No need to fret as we will be going Labor Day weekend, the first of September.  It will still be hot. Enough jabbering though don't you think?  On to these two creations for Digi Haven. Our sponsor is the fabulously fun Bugaboo Stamps and my images to work with from them were Flamingo Beach (on the card above) and Fanny Calendar Months August which is perfect for an August 2nd challenge!  I used Fanny on the mini album below.  Yep, it's a wallet size mini album! So cute for those wallet size pics of beach babes or babies. I'll post a video at the end of this post so you can see the inside of this little album.


Lots of details to share for these, so let's get to it!  First, the Be Happy Flamingo Beach card.  I used 6"x6" papers from My Mind's Eye "My Girl" collection.  I created a 2" pinwheel out of some of the paper and a hot pink pearl brad.  Sentiment is cut from the papers.  The super funny Flamingo gal is colored with Copic Markers:

Flamingo R20+$22+R24+RV04
Hat Y17+Y19+RV06
Lifesaver Ring YR65
Life Vest BG11+BG15
Sunglasses Frames RV06, Lenses R20+V20
Shadow B000
Surfboard - Paper Pieced

The "Hot Beach Babes" Mini Album is created from a sheet of 12x12 paper by Pebbles called "Party with Amy Locurto" which I called "Pool Party."  On the cover, along with the Fanny (August) image, I added trendy tape, a flower from the Pebbles Accent & Phrase Stickers, a pink pearl for the center of the flower, a pink pearl flourish, yellow Stickles (on the sun and bikini) and Old Paper Distress Stickles (for the sand). The sun is cut out of the Pebbles paper.  I had to use an extra 12x12 sheet for that.  The title of the album is made from a label maker and orange tape.  The digi image is colored with Copic Markers:

Skin E11+E13+E15
Hair Y21+Y32+E31
Cheeks & Lips RV06
Bikini Y18+RV06
Shoes & Bows RV06
Bag RV06
Items in the Bag BG11, G14, Y18
Suntan Lotion Bottle B02+RV06
Shadow B0000

You'll be able to see the size of this little mini album in my video:





I hope to see a Beach creation from you on the Digi Haven challenge. The challenge runs for two weeks and you must use a digi image or sentiment. There will be a prize for one random winner from Bugaboo Stamps!


I will be teaching this Bitty Book album at Cat's Creations Scrapbooks store in Mineral Wells, Texas. Check out her website and calendar or find her on facebook and check out "Events" for more info! Cat's Creations Scrapbook Facebook Page.

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts