You Make My Heart Race!


Vroom, vroom.  Beep, beep!  It's time for a "Rev It Up" challenge on Cards in Envy! Yep, our challenge on the first Monday of August is for cards featuring things with a motor that you can "rev up!"  I decided to go with a cute race car and driver that I purchased from Hambo Stamps.  It is a digital stamp and once you buy it, you can download it and then resize it on your computer.  I colored it with my Copic Markers:

Copic Coloring List:

  • Race Car RV29+R46
  • Tires W5+W7
  • Chrome & Hubcaps on Car C2
  • Stripes on Car B34
  • Driver's Helmet & Suit B34+B37
  • Gloves R46
  • Windshield B60
  • Driver's Skin E00+E11
  • Hair Y19
This card was made from Bazzill's 6x6 mini prints "Freedom" pack and red cardstock for the heart and mat around the sentiment.  I typed up the sentiment on my computer in Word and printed it out in the size I needed and punched it out with a Stampin' Up! Modern Label Punch.  The heart is a Stampin' Up! punch too.  I put a Wobbler spring under the race car so that it will move a bit and I also put Glossy Accents on the windshield and the face of the helmet though you can't really see it in the photo.  To finish it off, I added a flat red satin ribbon and bow.

This will make a great Valentine card or anytime Love card for Operation Write Home.  In case you don't know...the Cards in Envy challenge is for A2 (4.25"x5.5" cards) ONLY and they must be fairly flat for first class postage which makes them perfect for Operation Write Home.  So I encourage you to join in on our challenge by making a card (or two) that "Rev it Up" and send them to OWH for our heroes.The challenge goes live tomorrow on the Cards in Envy blog (Monday, August 5th). Remember, if you do send them cards, please do not use glitter and be sure to check out their card guidelines.  Hope to see you at Cards in Envy! You've got a couple of weeks to join in on the fun and maybe win a cute badge for your blog!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts