You Make Me Smile!


Hello! It's almost time for another new challenge over on Cards in Envy and this time we'd like to see cards that are "For The Birds."  Which means  your card should have a bird or birds on it.  For this card, I decided to go pretty simple.  I've seen this technique on many different cards and loved the look. While there are several different ways to get this tri-color background, I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads and started at the top and inked with Stormy Sky then added Spiced Marmalade and finished up on the bottom with Picked Raspberry.  Then I stamped the Impression Obsession birds on a clothesline and sentiment with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I lightly colored the clothespins with Copic Markers E31, E42 and C5.  I then matted the image to black cardstock and attached it to the card base and used a ruler and black artist's pen to draw the lines around the edges.

A perfectly simple card in the A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") that is flat and fits nicely into an envelope to send in the mail which is one of the requirements for joining in on the Cards in Envy challenge.    Our challenge starts tomorrow, Monday, August 19th and runs for two weeks.  I hope you'll join us!

Popular Posts