You Are Here

For those visiting to read my Cards in Envy post, please scroll down to the post below this one. Thank you!


My husband loves to fish especially at the coast (Gulf of Mexico) in his fishing boat.  This digi image scene reminded me of some of the places we go to when we head down south to Matagorda.   This card is for the current Seems a Little Sketchy challenge using Sketch #45 and the image is from our sponsor, Delicious Doodles.

For this image, I decided to do something a little different and use my Ranger Distress Markers to color the scene.  I printed the image up on watercolor paper and then started playing with the markers and a water pen/brush.  The colors I used on the sand, boats and wall were:  Pumice Stone, Weathered Wood, Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap, Black Soot, Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, Antique Linen, Old Paper, Walnut Stain and Scattered Straw.  For the sky I used Distress Ink Pads and a foam applicator.  The colors are Stormy Sky, Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry.  Love how it turned out.  For the papers, I used Kraft Cardstock and My Mind's Eye Six By Six Designer Pad "Come Away With Me" collection.  The colors and prints in this pack were perfect for this image.  The sentiment "tickets" were also cut out of one of the papers from the collection.  I added a natural button twine bow and navy blue paper clip.

The challenge over on Seems a Little Sketchy runs for two weeks and one randomly chosen participant will receive 4 digi images of their choice from our sponsor Delicious Doodles!  Who knows, if you create a card, it might be you!!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts