Halloween Photo Frame Memory Box




This is a box I created over the weekend following instructions by Kathy Orta Files of Paper Phenomenon. I'm teaching a licensed class on Saturday at Cat's Creations Scrapbooks on how to make this box and a hidden hinge album that goes inside the box.  Well, I'm not teaching THIS Halloween box and album but rather how to make it and then the class participants will make theirs in the theme they want--Christmas, Wedding, Graduation etc.  I pretty much follow the basic way Kathy does this box and album except with a few minor changes and different techniques.  Instead of a lunch box handle, I use a regular utility handle that you can buy at Home Depot.  I've also come up with a different way and a tool for cutting the chipboard for your magnets.

The date to sign up for this class has come and gone BUT if you just want/need to make one and want to be at the class on Saturday, you should definitely call Cat NOW because there are a few extra kits available. Also, if you just can't make this class, but are attending the November retreat, I believe that we will be offering the class that weekend.

I know it's hard to tell in this photo, but the box lifts open by the handle (which has a magnetic closure) and the hidden hinge album fits inside the box and lifts out to showcase your special event.  The black and white stripe on the lid is actually a frame and you can slide your favorite photo into the frame to personalize the box.  Would make a rather fabulous Christmas gift, don't you think?

I'd also like to link this project to Cat's Wow! Wednesday post on her blog.  Every two weeks a new Wow!Wednesday goes live and if you link your blog post of something you've created to Cat's blog post and leave a comment there and a comment on each linked blog (like leave a comment here), you'll have a chance at being a random winner for a prize from Cat's.  I was the winner from the last Wow! Wednesday! Whoo Hoo!!

Have a great day...I've got lots to do in the crafty room.  Bye-bye!

Popular Posts