Happy Halloween {Again}


It's October, so of course you're going to see Halloween cards again and again.  I designed this one for the current Digi Haven challenge and the theme this time is--Halloween.  I selected this super cute Skull, Pumpkin & Candy digi image (#471) from our sponsor Dilly Beans.  It is so cute and fun to color!  I made this card with what I'm calling a "spooky fold".  That's not really the name of the fold but I can't find nor remember what the technical name is. Ha, ha.  It could be a gate fold, but not really. So if any of you know, let me know in the comments.  Anyway, the front of the card has several folds and each segment is covered with different patterns of Halloween paper from Authentique (6x6 Thrilling Collection) and the base of the card is made from dark grey cardstock.  It folds up with the image and greeting on the inside and then when you fold it open it stands like an easel card. AND it's still an A2 (4.25" x 5.5") card!   I used two colors of Baker's twine to make the bow (orange/white and green/white) then added a cute candy corn brad to the center.  The "Happy Halloween" sentiment is cut from the 6x6 papers. It was perfect for this card!

So are you making any Halloween cards this season?  If so, we'd love for you to share it with us at Digi Haven for this 2 week challenge which starts today (Friday October 11th).  You must use a digi image or sentiment on your card to qualify for the challenge and for a chance to be the random winner of the prize from our sponsor, Dilly Beans. AND it must be a HALLOWEEN card!

I did use my Copic Markers to color my image and have a list of the colors used but forgot to list which colors I used on each segment of the image.  If you want to know the colors, here's the list:

  • Y000 Y18 Y38
  • YG00 YG63 YG95
  • YR12 YR14 YR18 YR68
  • B60
  • N0 N5 N10
 Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts