Christmas Stocking Box and Mini Album



In an earlier post, I shared that I'd started working on a Kathy Orta Files (Paper Phenomenom) tutorial that I'd bought on Black Friday back in November. I'd hoped to work on it in December and over the holidays but that didn't happen, so I'm working on it (off and on) now in the hopes of having it done by Christmas 2014!  I followed Kathy's tutorial on making the stocking box out of chipboard but did a slight change by adding a paper cuff at the top. On Kathy's she has a fur cuff on the album spine that will stick out of the stocking.  But I have cats and cat's like to play with and chew on feathery, furry things so I opted to not use it on mine.  The white cuff on mine is Bo Bunny White Dot paper.  After I attached it to the stocking, I added a scallop velvet ribbon trim along the edge. Then I used a glue gun to attach some silver, sparkly leaves, some pretty beaded trim I had in my stash and a pretty bow.


Then I started on the mini album which is long and narrow to fit into the top of the stocking.  I decided to make mine like a Christmas gift.  It will have a bow on the spine end that will show out of the top of the stocking.  I created the album following Kathy's tutorial  including the hidden hinge and the pages.  However, I had some problems with the pockets and folds.  Either I didn't cut them right or there is an error on the tutorial. (Haven't had time to investigate) so I decided to take the base pages which did fit correctly and create my own pockets and fold outs by using a ruler to measure and make sure I cut them to fit.  Here's the front of the album.  It will be left flat like this without lots of embellishments as it has to slide into the stocking.  For this project, I've been using Bo Bunny's Elf Magic collection and My Mind's Eye Mistletoe Magic collection.  I love the vintage look of these paper collections!


So far, I've only decorated a few of the pages on the inside.  This will be a work in progress over the next few weeks or months.


That's all for today.  Last night I also started another project  that I'll share the beginnings of tomorrow here on the blog.  My problem is I have so many projects I want to do that I just can't seem to finish one.  I want to do them all at once! Anyone else have that problem?

Happy crafting!

Popular Posts