Snowed In



Well, we are NOT snowed in here in Texas but it's definitely COLD enough!  This morning the chill factor is to be near ZERO.  Way too cold for this Texas gal, I tell ya!  So I guess in a way it was appropriate for me to make this snowman card for the new Cards in Envy card challenge.  Though the sentiment could have said "Cold In" ha, ha.

Yes, our theme this time for the Cards in Envy challenge is Snow Buddy Like You--create a card with one or more snowmen (or women) on the card. There are so many cute snowmen images! The Designers all did a fabulous job with some really cute cards--be sure to go over to Cards in Envy and check them out!

My card here starts with a plain white base.  I then added a snowflake background that I cut out with my new Silhouette Portrait cutter!  I used a teal green cardstock so the snowflakes would stand out against the white background and also compliment the colors of the snowman.  The rest of the card--the snowman, cup of hot chocolate and sentiment are all pieced together from a Fancy Pants "Timbergrove" Ephemera Pack.  I then tied a bow with American Crafts Baker's Twine and added some Frosted Lace Stickles here and there.

So are you snowed in or experiencing super cold temps?  If so, it's a great time to make a snowman card for our challenge!  Remember to create an A2 card (4.25" x 5.5") that's relatively flat for mailing in an envelope, post it on your blog or online album and link it to the Cards in Envy challenge post. 

Happy crafting and have a splendid Monday AND stay warm!!

Popular Posts