L.O.V.E. Mini Album




I got to spend all day Saturday at the LSS (Cat's Creations Scrapbooks store in Mineral Wells, TX) cropping or rather, creating.  As always, I took way more than I could possibly work on but I'm always afraid if I take just one project that I'll finish early and have nothing to work on.  But this time, one project would have been enough.  I didn't even get this one 100% completed. Oh, well. I did have a great time working on it though and visiting with friends.  As most of you know, I absolutely LOVE pink when crafting so I felt the need to make something Valentine-ish with lots of PINK!

I got the instructions and idea for this mini album from a Graphic 45 post (December 18, 2012).  I had made one similar to this a few years ago but never finished it. I think it's in my "projects to finish box or shelf. Anyway, I spent most of the day creating the foldout pages and decorating the cover.  I had to get it "just right."   I used 12x12 papers from Echo Park's "Love Story" collection.  I think it is a 2013 paper collection.  I added elements from other lines like the paper flowers, stickers and mini clothespins etc.  The Graphic 45 album had the L.O.V.E. scrabble letters on their cover and I really LOVED that so I did the same. I was pretty happy to find a set of the scrabble tile letters at Cat's.  I created the small roses with ribbon and lace by rolling them into flower shapes and gluing them down onto the album.  

It is my plan to add photos of hubby and I.  I got all the pages and fold outs in the album covered with papers from the "Love Story" collection and will be adding a few more elements and tags and such. This is how it looks when it is open and standing.  It is tied shut when closed with ribbon tied into a bow.

It has been super cold here in North Texas for the past few days.  I know it's not as cold as the northern states and luckily we don't have ice or snow but still....it was very cold to us!  Monday morning it was 5 degrees (F) and this morning it was still in the teens.  So yesterday I got to do a bit of creating in the crafty room (it's upstairs and much warmer) instead of working in the super cold office downstairs.  I know, poor me. Ha, ha.


Have a great day!

Popular Posts