Fun in the Sun!

If you are here for my Seems a Little Sketchy Sketch #67 challenge post, 
please scroll down to the next post. Thank you!


Ahh Summer.  You are here!  I think there's nothing more fun in the sun than floating in the pool even on a duck floaty in a blow up pool.  Our theme this time for Cards in Envy is "Fun in the Sun."  We want to see cards (A2 size only) that show fun things you do in the sun.

For this card I used a digi set from Digi Web Studio that I purchased online.  The set comes with black & white images plus pre-colored images.  I decided to use the pre-colored images for this card.  I sized them and printed them up on my computer and then fussy cut out the different images.  The papers for this card are from a new 6x6 paper pad I bought by Fancy Pants called Nautical.  I also used black cardstock to mat the layers.  The sunglasses on the sun are popped up just a tiny bit with foam squares and I painted over the lenses of the sunglasses with a Clear Wink of Stella Brush pen which gave them just a touch of sparkle.  I also added a touch of sparkle to the water droplets.  I then added the blue and orange flat brads along the side.  I love those brads!  They are so flat and perfect for a Cards in Envy card that needs to be mailed.  I have had those for quite a while and can't remember what brand they are or where I bought them.  I now wish I had more of them!

Hopefully, you'll find time to check out our challenge at Cards in Envy and share your flat, A2 Summer card. The challenge runs July 6th so you've got lots of time to get one done!

Happy Crafting,



Popular Posts