Life is Better at the Beach!


Here we are, nearing the end of JUNE! Oh my!  The year just keeps whizzing right on by!  Much too fast, I'd say.  This morning hubby and I are leaving for our Anniversary trip and we will be at or near the beach, but I'm not a beach person.  I sunburn. Badly.  So while we will be in Houston and then Galveston to visit the beach area, rummage through a few shops and dine on seafood, we will not be spending time sunning on the beach.  I prefer to walk a beach looking for seashells at sunset while hubby prefers to fish.  Anyway, we celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary on Wednesday, June 25th.  Talk about time going by fast!  On the one hand it seems like yesterday yet on the other hand well...yeah...38 years. 

But enough of all that, it's time for a new challenge over on Digi Haven!  Life's a Beach!  Yep, create a project using a digi image that depicts life on the beach.  Our sponsor is the ever fabulous Bugaboo and I used this super cute image--Beach Peeker.  Love it! So simple but so cute!  I colored him up with my Copic markers and did the background with my Tim Holtz Distress ink pads and foam applicators.

That's really all the details for this card.  I matted the background on some dark navy cardstock, added the inks onto the background (white cardstock) in the following colors:  Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen.  I printed up the sentiment on my computer and punched it out with a Stampin' Up! Label Punch.  An easy peasy card but so bright and colorful and so...beachy.

You've got two weeks starting today to create a project using a digital stamp image and sharing it with us over on Digi Haven.  One randomly chosen winner will receive a prize from Bugaboo Stamps and the designers will also choose the top three favorites.  I hope you'll find the time to join us.

It is with great sadness that I edit this post today--July 2,2014.  This Digi Haven challenge and all future challenges at Digi Haven have been closed.  Our sweet, awesome and very dear hostess of the challenge, Denise, has been diagnosed this week with a very serious illness and the outcome is not looking good for her. She is in the hospital undergoing a barrage of tests.  Challenges are fun but for her, it is time to focus on more important things--herself and her family.  I want to thank all of you that follow me for joining me in the Digi Haven challenges and for sharing your talents with us.  And if you pray, I'd like to ask that you say a prayer or two for Denise.  Great things can happen when many of us join together.  Thank you.

Popular Posts