Every Day...


I love the quote on this card.  It's a Stampin' Up! stamp that I have in my stash and it's from their Happy Moments collection.
"Every day holds the

possibility of a miracle."

~ Elizabeth David

It's time for another challenge over on Cards in Envy!  This time the theme is "Tickled Pink" which means your card should be mostly pink in color or have something pink as the focal point. I love pink so this would be easy for me or so I thought.  Do you ever have an idea in your head and it just won't turn out on paper the way you want? Yeah, this happened to me while making this card--several times.  But I kept at it and ended up with this one and I love it.  One thing I should share about the Cards in Envy challenge.  We've decided to accept any size and any shape card for our challenges BUT they must still be flat enough to fit in an envy (envelope) for mailing. My card is a square one this time.  It's been a while since I've made a square card but I do like them now and then.  This one is a 5" square and I have envelopes that fit that size.


To create this card, I decided to use some rubber stamps that I've had in my stash for quite sometime and I think I've only used them once or twice!  These are from a Stampin' Up collection called "A Wash With Flowers."  I'm pretty sure they are a discontinued set but you should be able to get a similar look with other flower stamps.  I did a "messy" stamp or coloring technique where it doesn't matter if you get out of the lines.  I used my Copic markers.  Then I put some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in the Pickled Raspberry color on my craft mat and added some water to thin it up and splattered the image with a small brush.  Next I matted the image to some pink paper from a 6x6 pad, Teresa Collins "Sweet Afternoon" and tied some button string around it and into a bow.  Then I added more layers from the same paper pad and attached it all to the white card base.


If you love making cards, I hope you'll join us on the Cards in Envy Challenge!  We have a new challenge every 1st and 3rd Monday so this time you actually have an extra week to create a card or two or three.  Hoping you find your miracle today.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts