From the Heart Card Challenge



Hello! It's Monday and it's February 1st!  Today is the start of a new challenge over on the Cards in Envy blog. The theme is "From the Heart"--Valentine or Love cards.  As always, cards linked to this challenge must be A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") and flat enough to fit in an envy for mailing.

To make this card, I took advantage of a 50% off all Valentine products sale at Michael's to buy some new paper and clear stamps.  I made this card with some papers from a Recollections Valentine's Day 6x6 paper pad. The jar stamp and the candy hearts are are also from the Recollections Valentine's Day collection.  I stamped all the hearts with assorted pinks and reds from my Prima chalk inks. The lid and tag were colored with my Copic markers. To finish it off, I tied red and pink Baker's twine around the jar. It doesn't really show in the photo but I also added a touch of clear Wink of Stella to a few of the candy hearts and the "glass" of the jar.

It was a spring like weekend here in Texas!  Warm and breezy.  Due to the winds blowing in from the south and bringing in cedar pollen, I didn't do anything outside much except to walk around the First Monday Trade Days for about an hour.  We took in a movie and I did a bit of crafting.  I also met briefly with a junior high and high school friend that I haven't seen in years.  She was sweet enough to give me several boxes of scrapbooking supplies that she no longer needs.  I can't wait to go through it all today.  Thanks so much Carol!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts