Love


I don't normally buy "kits" but in January I saw a monthly card kit from Simon Says Stamp and I thought I'd order one month to see how I liked it.  I got January which had all this wonderful stuff to create love and Valentine cards.  I've been rather busy at work the last few weeks and haven't had much time for crafting but today everything lined up right and I found myself with a few hours to make something crafty so I decided to open up this kit and made the card above.

What was fun about the kit is that you also get a color sheet with 6 card ideas.  No instructions but all of the cards were created by a Simon Says Stamp designer from the same kit contents.  I picked the one that was designed by Laura Bassen.  It's a shaker card and I did use a bit different selection of stickers from the sticker pack just because I loved the x's and o's.

To create the card, I cut and scored a card base from heavy white cardstock in the A2 size (4.25" x 5.5")  Then I cut some dotted paper from the kit 6x6 paper pad down to a 4" x 5.25" size.  Next I cut the pink ombre paper to a 3 3/4" x 5" size.  To that piece, I sewed (zig zag stitch) a piece of clear plastic transparency on three sides and added the red, gold and pink heart "sequins" from the kits, then I stitched up the remaining side. It's been a while since I've stitched on paper and maybe never on plastic so one line is not perfectly straight, but I'm okay with it. The black arrow, "Love" and x's o's are Crate Paper epoxy "Hello Love" stickers that I got with the kit.  Seriously, this card took maybe 10 minutes to make and I love how it turned out.  How fun to shake it up!

Below is a photo of some of the things I got in the kit.  I'll list them below the photo so you'll know what a great deal it was!


  • Crate Paper "Hello Love" 6x6 Patterned Paper Pad

  • Crate Paper "Hello Love" Epoxy Stickers Pack

  • Simon Says Stamp "Hello Beautiful" Clear Stamp Set

  • Crate Paper "Hello Love" Red, Pink and Gold Heart Sequins

  • Simon Says Stamp Heart Outlines Die

  • Crate Paper "Hello Love" Ombre Word Stickers Pack

  • One each 8 1/2" x 11" 100 lb Card Stock in red, pink, black and white from Simon Says Stamp

  • Idea Sheet with color photos of six cards for you to make

Cost if purchased monthly is $29.95, but if you sign up for the annual membership which starts March 1st, your cost is $24.95 each month.  I'm not signing up for each month as I know how I can let kits pile up and never get around to doing them. But I did really like this one! I think I'll make a few more cards from this kit!

There are a few more days left for the "From the Heart" card challenge over on Cards in Envy.  This time, the designers are also making and linking an extra card to the challenge if they'd like to in honor of our co-founder Denise Gray that passed away on February 1st.  So, in honor of a very dear online friend, I'm linking this card.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts