More Love Today


A few weeks ago (or maybe it was a month ago) I joined a private craft group on Facebook.  Lots of ideas are shared and a once a month challenge.  This is the card I created last night and just uploaded to the group for my February challenge entry.  It had to have the colors I used in the card and either a mushroom, bike, roses or heart on the card.  I went with roses and hearts.  My inspiration for the card came from searching for vintage Valentines as the card also had to have a vintage vibe to it.  So this is what I came up with.

To create the card, I used, of course, white card stock and a metallic silver paper I had in my stash.  I punched the corners with a new Martha Stewart heart corner punch that I bought at Michael's craft store for half price. I used the same punch to get the small red hearts.  The large scallop heart is cut with a die on the Big Shot and I carefully inked the edges with a red Copic pen (#R35).  The lattice behind the big heart is stamped with a Prima clear stamp from their Firefly set.  I  used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Stormy Sky for the lattice and for the Love sentiment.  The sentiment is also a clear stamp but is from the Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages set.

The roses and the cupid were fussy cut from a 6x6 piece of Graphic 45 paper called "Be My Valentine" that is in the discontinued Sweet Sentiments collection. I used a fine tip black pen to make the dots for the dangling hearts.  I finished up with applying some clear Wink of Stella glitter pen on the hearts and roses.

Yesterday afternoon my love card took about 10 minutes.  This one....several hours.  But that's the way it is when you are creating something.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts