friend for cards in envy flowers and fantasy challenge


I had so much fun coloring this amazing digital image by Aurora Wings!  When I started creating a card for the Cards in Envy challenge that starts today (Flowers and Fantasy), I knew I wanted to use BOTH Flowers and Fantasy.  This image fit in perfectly. What's better than beautiful flowers, a fairy and some pretty sparkles.  I colored the image with my newly organized Copic markers and then I cut out a frame with my Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Dies.  I only used white card stock for the outside of this card.  I then cut out the colored image to fit within the frame so the image is offset into the framed area and then layered it on to the white card base.  For the inside, I used patterned papers from my stash that I've had for quite a bit of time--Webster's Pages Royal CHRISTMAS "Pine Needles."  Of course I used the back (the less  "Christmasy")  side of the paper.  The green color matched almost perfectly with the color of the leaves in the image.




I added some iridescent sequins and a button twine bow tied around the top of the card.  The sentiment "friend" is stamped with Memento ink and a Papertrey Ink clear stamp.  The word "friend" is really small and is on the lower right corner of the front of the card beneath the image.


The Cards in Envy challenge starts today and runs for two weeks.  The theme is Flowers and Fantasy which means you can do either one or BOTH!  What does fantasy mean?  Well, things like fairies, unicorns, dragons, etc. of course.  I hope you'll join us.  It's a fun theme!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts