Happy Earth Day!


Earth Day started back in 1970.  I don't remember much about it but as the years have gone by I've tried to be aware of the issues depleting our planet Earth.  I know what little I do barely scratches the surface.   It has been a challenge for many years for us to just recycle our trash out where we live. For several years we've recycled cardboard and some plastics and glass by taking it out to the recycle dumpsters provided by our county but then they stopped accepting recyclables. So we had to get creative and for now have a way to recycle all paper, cardboard, plastics, glass and tin.  Finally tin. We couldn't recycle that before!  We don't use pesticides on our plants and let our grass cuttings go back to the ground for the most part. And we never water our lawn. But as I said, it's not nearly enough.  But I think if everyone did something. Anything. It might make a big difference in how long our resources will last.  I know that with my crafting that I use a lot of paper that I've purchased which means trees have been used for that paper but at least what I make, I keep or turn into a gift for others.  I do have a lot of paper waste or scraps and try to recycle that which is large enough or keep it for other projects.  I've also been known to donate paper to groups that need it for scrapbooking rather than tossing it in the trash when I no longer want/need it.  It would be great, though, if there was a company that made their scrapbook paper from recycled paper.  Does anyone one know if any of them do?  It would be nice to know.

But anyway, I made this card for Earth Day.  It was for a monthly challenge for a Facebook group I'm a member of.  We were to use "Earth" colors such as Brown, Light Orange, Light Olive Green, Pale Yellow and Teal Blue. I think I've used all those colors! I found the cute digital image and sentiment on an Earth Day coloring page site.  I colored mine with Copic Markers.  The papers are from one of my Simon Says Stamps card kits, 6x6 size.  I also used some May Arts Button twine and a bit of Dandelion Yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops.  The flower on the twine bow is a punch that I have. I don't know what I'm going to really do with the card except put it in my card stash box and use it here to wish each of you a Happy Earth Day and...

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts