Craft Room Studio Tour


This is were I design and create!  This is my craft room/studio.  Welcome and come inside! 

My room is not very big.  I think it measures 12 ft x 12 ft and it used to be our daughter’s bedroom  What I love is the offset area you can see in the far back where I have my computer and small tv with shelves above it.  I like that it’s by the window and I can look outside if I want. This room is on the second floor of our home so I get a good view of our front yard and the street.  It may be that my room looks cluttered but to me it’s perfect. I know where everything is and I love to incorporate the use of found furniture or storage solutions as well as furniture I already had and my grandmother’s sewing machine cabinet in to the room.   My work table is not very big. It measures 3 ft x 3 ft and is in the center of my room.  However by having counters and other storage places surrounding me, that table gives me plenty of space to work on my projects.  It is clean in the photo above but it doesn’t stay that way for very long.
You can see a lot more of my room in my video tour on YouTube:




In the video I share several different storage tips but one of my favorites is this one using a fishing spool (string) box that I bought at the sporting goods store. It holds several rolls of my Hug Snug Seam Binding Ribbon and I have three of these cases.  You can choose to thread the ribbon out through the holes (you do have to remove the little black rubber inserts) but I just opt to take a whole roll out and put it back when I’m done with a project.

Clear storage containers like this make it so much easier to see and use the products that you have.  I can look at my ribbons and see what colors I have that might work on a project without opening the case.  I love that.  I have other clear storage options in my room but if it’s not clear I will occasionally label the drawers so I know what is inside at a glance.

I love to display my favorite finished projects in my room and utilize my Mother’s hope chest. Okay, so I do have a lot of favorite projects. But I do move them around, store some in the hope chest like Christmas and Halloween projects and I do give some away as gifts when an occasion arrives.  I’ve thought about selling projects but really don’t know which I would want to part with!



I’m sure you’d like to know where I store all my Graphic 45 supplies and this is it!  I like to store the pads with the spines facing out so I can see at a glance for the most part which ones are which.  I keep staples and ephemera card sets in baskets.  My tags are also stored in a basket.  This makes it easy for me to pull them out when I’m looking for something in particular.  The chipboard sets and tags, pockets sets are stacked on the shelf.  I have another shelf where I keep my Graphic 45 albums and boxes.  For the new collections that now come in a bag, I store those in a large basket on the floor by the hope chest.


I hope you've enjoyed my craft room tour.  If you have any questions about something you see in the video, please feel free to leave a comment on the video or here and I will try to check back and answer.  Thank you so much for visiting

Happy Crafting!
Sandy


Popular Posts