Make a Card Simple or Fancy Plus Display Box for Country Craft Creations & Authentique


The card above is "fancy."  Lots of flowers and too thick to mail.  But it wasn't always a fancy card.  It started out like this....

I made this one for the second week of the Cards in Envy challenge (make a card flat enough to go in an envelope for mailing using a sketch).  This is so simple and quick/easy to make.  I followed a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #331.  I made mine a 5 1/2" square card and I used the Authentique 6x6 paper pad from the Meadow collection plus a sticker from the 12x12 sticker sheet.
And then I thought, what if one wanted a fancier card, how could you dress this one up?  Super easy add pretty flowers and a bow.

But it won't fit in an envelope for mailing so you'd have to present it to the recipient but it needs to be in something, right?  So I created an acetate window display box just for the card and also did a YouTube video tutorial on how to make the card AND the box.  This became my second design team project for Country Craft Creations using Authentique papers that I received for my design team package.

Here's the tutorial video, the card and box are really easy to make!

Supplies Used:

  • Neenah 110 lb. Smooth White Cardstock for the base
  • Artisan Natural Cardstsock*
  • Authentique 6x6 Meadow Paper Pad*
  • Authentique 12x12 Sticker Sheet*
  • Yellow Hug Snug Ribbon*
  • Art Glitter Designer Glue*
  • Assorted Flowers & Leaves from my Stash
  • Acetate Transparency Sheet
All items marked with an * may be purchased from www.countrycraftcreations.com


Bookmark this post for future use for when you make a special card and need a box to present it in.  It's great for those thicker cards that won't fit in a regular envelope.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy



Popular Posts