Vintage Tags with Graphic 45 Botanical Tea+ Farewell Week



It's been a wonderful two years as a Graphic 45 Designer/Brand Ambassador and my term comes to an end this month.  As is tradition, there is always a daily farewell post on the Graphic 45 blog for each designer before the new team is introduced and today will be mine.  If you go over to the Graphic 45 blog, you'll see my Farewell project and Craft Room/Studio Tour.  That will be my last official post on their blog as a Graphic 45 Brand Ambassador. I will share those here on my blog Wednesday (Craft Room Tour) and Thursday (Farewell Project).  For today on my blog, I'm sharing  these tags that I created for one of my April assignments, but because of the extra projects created for the trade show and  Spring product release, everything could not be shared on the G45 blog before the end of our term.  These are created with the beautiful Botanical Tea Deluxe Collector's Edition.  So let's get started with my Farewell Week here on my blog  as a Graphic 45 Brand Ambassador.

I think the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea collection is one of the most popular with crafters ever! And it’s so exciting that it is now a Deluxe Collector’s Edition. I adore the vintage colors and design of the paper line. It’s just so beautiful!  And it inspires you to create so many wonderful projects.  For this project, I decided to create a set of tags, each in a different size which is so easy to do with the Graphic 45 staples tag albums.  When I made these tags,  I  had not yet received the new tag dies by Graphic 45, so for this project I cut the patterned paper to just fit the main part of the tag and rounded the corners.  The ribbon, lace and flowers hide most of the upper part around the grommet that comes on the tags.  



I love adding lots of lace and ribbon and flowers to a tag. It’s a great way to use up scraps of lace because you only need a short piece to glue along one side and it doesn’t even have to be the full length of the tag.




Another fun element to add to a tag is “rose ribbon.”  You can carefully cut the roses apart and add them as a grouping to your tag and also to the ribbon at the top.  Of course, fussy cutting out butterflies to attach here and there really helps add dimension.










I love old, vintage things.  Houses, cars, photos, etc. and buttons. Oh yes, I love, love, love vintage buttons.  I get excited if I find a reasonably priced bag of old buttons at a trade day or estate sales.  In fact, the buttons added to a couple of these tags were recently purchased at our local Trade Day.


Graphic 45 Supplies:

Other Supplies:
  • Lace
  • Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Clear Acrylic Sheet (for shaker tags)
  • Shaker Filler (sequins & beads)
  • Assorted flowers & roses
  • Vintage Buttons



I hope you’ve enjoyed my set of three Graphic 45 Botanical Tea tags and feel inspired to create your own. Check back tomorrow for my Craft Room/Studio Tour (photos & video) with storage tips.  If you can't wait, head over to the Graphic 45 blog today.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy




Popular Posts