It's Your Day! One Layer Card for Cards in Envy


Hello! It's time for a new card challenge over on Cards in Envy!  This time we are keeping it simple by asking for a ONE LAYER card.  Yes, that can be a challenge especially if you like to use lots of layers but in the end you'll love the results.  This is the card I created.  It is one layer.  For this challenge, the card base does not count as a layer but it's okay if you do.  I actually created this card by using the card base as my one layer but then after coloring my image, I added the colored paper as a liner to cover up the coloring ink that bled through to the inside of the card.

This was fun to create and a technique I don't think I've used before.  I stamped the image and sentiment onto the white card base.  I then stamped it onto some Eclipse adhesive masking paper and "masked" the image.  Next, I used a stencil to add Distress Oxide ink to get the pattern around the image.  Then I removed the masking image and colored the one on the card base with my Copic Markers.  Masking makes it so you can ink your card base but keep the ink off the area that is to be colored.  I then added the colored paper liner to the inside of the card and the ribbon at the top. To finish it off, I added White Diamond Glitter Drops to each bubble.


Supplies Used:
  • 110 lb Neenah Smooth Solar White Cardstock
  • Eclipse "Delicately Sticky" Masking Adhesive Sheet
  • Penny Black "Bubbly" Acrylic Stamp Image & Sentiment
  • Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
  • Acrylic Stencil
  • Broken China Distress Oxide Ink & Foam Applicator
  • Copic Markers
  • Recollections 6x6 Color Splash Paper
  • Hug Snug Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Art Glitter Designer Glue
  • Nuvo Glitter Drops, White Diamond

And that's my card for the Cards in Envy "One Layer" Card Challenge.  I hope you'll join us.  The challenge runs for two weeks this time and as always, your card must be flat enough to fit in an envelope for mailing.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts