February Bookmark {Melonheadz}



Today's challenge on Digi Haven is a bit different than usual.  I say this because the theme is "Bookmarks." I assume it means to enter the challenge you need to create...a bookmark or use a bookmark on your creation perhaps.  There will be more clarification on the actual blog challenge post so before you make something, check that out.  The sponsor for this challenge is Melonheadz and the Digi Haven Designers were each given a "Bookmark Digi Image."  These come in a digi set with one for each month.  Since February is my birth month, I chose February.  And even though it is now after Valentine's Day, I still went with a Valentine type design since the cute digi image had all these wonderful hearts.  I colored up the digi bookmark with my Copic Markers and then matted it to some pretty stripe paper, punched the hole and added the twine.  Then I decided it needed a little bit extra on it, so I  printed up another copy of the same image but only colored one heart and cut it out and paired it with  the Feb. 14 image that I cut out of the designer paper.  Then I added the red paperclip.

Supplies Used:
  • February Bookmark Digi Image by Melonheadz
  • Papers by Crate Paper, "Fourteen" Collection 6x6
  • My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Pink & White Baker's Twine
  • Red Paperclip
  • Copic Markers
I'm thinking I may buy the bookmarks set from Melonheadz as I think it would be really cute to have a bookmark for each month.

I'd love to see what you come up with for a bookmark for this Digi Haven challenge.  It starts today, February 21st and runs for two weeks. There is a prize for one random challenger for something fab from Melonheadz.  Most likely a credit to their store, so you could apply it to this cute bookmark set if you had a mind to!  

I hope you've found some inspiration from my post today to go create!  Have a great day!


Popular Posts