LOVE is in the Air!


Oooh La La!  Paris--the city of love. Right?  Have never been there.  Paris, France. I have been to Paris, Texas though.  Ha, ha.

The theme this time for Cards in Envy is "Love is in the Air."   I tried to take it literally, sort of.  I created banners that fly in the air and cut out papers so that a couple of hot air balloons would be on one of the banners and then added punched out hearts for the "love" part.  I then picked a paper that had a Paris fairground scene with clouds in the air for the lower right corner.  I cut out the word "Love" with my Silhouette and a svg file.  Can I just say...I really LOVE how this card turned out! The black flower and brad I found in my stash seemed perfect to finish it all off.

Supplies used:

  • Papers from the Carta Bella "Paris Girl" 6x6 Collection
  • Pink Cardstock
  • American Crafts Baker's Twine
  • Prima Sweetheart Flower from 2008
  • Brad from opened stash
  • Love Silhouette svg file
  • Stampin' Up! Heart Punch
The Cards in Envy challenge starts today, February 3rd.  There's plenty of time for you to create a "Love" card and enter our challenge plus have one for Valentine's Day.  Remember, that for the CIE challenge, your card must be an A2 (4.25"x5.5") size and rather flat to fit in an envelope for mailing.  We'd love to have you join us.  Your card can have colored images, punch outs, die cuts, stickers etc.  Whatever you'd like to use to create a "Love is in the Air' card.

Have an awesome day!


Popular Posts