Yours Truly

Happy Day Before Valentine's!  Have you made your sweetie a special card or mini album?  No? You've still got a wee bit of time.  Yes, you really do! Ha, ha.    So I made this beautiful Mini Box Pocket Album on Sunday afternoon.  Had it all done except for the key, which, by the way, is turned around backwards in this photo.  Ugh.  On the other side the word "Heart" is engraved to the top of the key.  You'll be able to see that in my video that's at the end of this post.  Anyway, I've spent DAYS trying to decide how to put the key on. I've had to work in the office every day this week and then at night I've been watching the Olympics so it really hasn't been actual DAYS but rather a few minutes each night just before bedtime.  But last night I finally came up with an idea and attached it this morning. Whew!  I used a bit of chain and a Tim Holtz charm holder pin and pinned it into the flowers (underneath).  I think that will work and it puts the key right where I want it!

When you open up the album by lifting the top flap and lowering the bottom flap you come to the section shown below, the "doors". These are held shut with two small Basic Grey magnets that are attached underneath the papers.  They are actually under the "Love You More" tab and the hand is pointing to where you need to lift up to open the mini album.


Below is what it looks like with all the pockets and flaps inside.  You'll be able to see it better in the video. For this album, I used 12x12 papers that I had leftover from a year or two back.  These are from Echo Park "Yours Truly" collection.  I used  three sheets of 12x12 patterned paper and then two 12x12 coordinating sticker sheets from the line.  I also used some red cardstock and black cardstock.  I inked the edges of the papers with Distress Ink--Black Soot and Lipstick.  The flowers are from Prima "Sweetheart" and I've had those for several years.  I added black brads and a rhinestone brad.  The large rhinestone metal piece was in my stash and I have no clue where it came from but it is perfect for this album.  The large key is from a set either Tim Holtz or 7 Gypsies.  I'm not real sure but the word "Heart" is engraved on the top of the key on one side and it's attached with a bit of chain, a jump ring and a Tim Holtz charm pin.


I created this by following a Ustream tutorial video on Prima's channel--La Botanique Pocket Box Min Album with Steff Miller.  

It was really easy and only required scoring, folding and cutting to assemble it and then add your own decorative pieces, pages and pockets.  It was fun!

My Youtube video below gives you a better look at the whole mini album.  Enjoy and have a great day and a very Happy Valentine's Day!



Popular Posts