Happy Valentine's Day!



"I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world."
"Your Song" ~ Elton John
Lyrics by: Bernie Taupin

I had hoped to get this posted this morning but I wasn't quite finished with it yet and I had to work in the office until after lunch.  This is a pop up box card.  I was inspired to create one after seeing a fabulous spring floral one on fellow blogger friend Karon's blog--Karon's Krafty Korner.   The instructions and tutorial are on Splitcoast Stampers.

Below is the card closed for mailing.  I added a belly band closure that slips on and off the card.



And this is what it looks like opened with all the pop up parts opened up.  Love how this is made!  The belly band is lying in front of the card.


I used a 12x12 piece of red cardstock for the structure of the card and then added patterned papers that I had left in my stash.  The pop up items are stickers left over from my last Valentine project, punched hearts and hearts cut out with my Silhouette.  This was such a fun project and fairly quick too.  I assembled most of it last night at the dining room table while I watched the Olympics.  This afternoon I took it upstairs and cut the two large hearts with the silhouette to finish it up.  I have plans to make more of these for different occasions.  I think a birthday one would be so much fun!

So that's it for this week.  I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day and a great weekend!

Popular Posts