I Love You


Well, another holiday has come and gone.  Valentine's Day.  I hope you received all the flowers, cards, love and especially chocolate that your heart desired! Ha, ha.

A new challenge is starting today at Cards in Envy and the theme is Red, Pink and/or White. The challenge is for you to use these colors AFTER a holiday that really screams for those colors even though you might be sick of them.  Now, we understand you might not want to make a Valentine card for this challenge and we hope that you won't.  (But it's okay if you do.)  We'd like to see cards for all occasions for this challenge using one or all three of these colors.  I decided to go with a love card that could be used at any time.

In the photo below, I show you a bit of what I do when I start the process of designing a card.  I pull out assorted paper pads, ribbons and trim and lay them out to see which ones I like the best together. And that's how I ended up with the card above.

I used Authentique's "Lovely" 6x6 papers and a tiny bit of Carta Bella's "Devoted" along with a piece of a white tag that I'd used half of on something else (though I can't remember what).  Anyway, it was half of a punched tag that had pierced "stitches" and had already been inked with pink.  It worked perfectly with these papers.  I also used Worn Lipstick pink Distress ink to ink the edges of all the papers and then added a red ribbon bow and attached the little "I Love You" tag.

So, what kind of card would you make that's red, pink and/or white? I think a birthday card or thinking of you card would be nice.  If you need more inspiration or ideas, be sure to head over to the Cards in Envy blog and see what the other designers created.  I hope you'll join in on our challenge.

Have a great day!

Popular Posts