Live Every Moment - Graduation Album



Hello!  Hope you are all having a wonderful week!  Here in Texas we are having some fabulous spring days.  I've enjoyed going out for walks in the afternoon.  However, winter keeps trying to come back.  Temps will drop by about 50 degrees between this afternoon and in the morning!  Glad I haven't packed away my sweatshirts and jackets!!

Today I'm sharing a couple of photos of my current mini album project.  What's exciting about this one is.....I'm actually putting photos IN the album!  Wow!  Our grand-daughter Emily graduated from high school two years ago.  She's already a Sophomore in college. I've been wanting to print up the photos from her graduation and put them in a mini album but...well, you know--busy doing other projects, forgot to order prints, couldn't decide which album etc. etc. etc.  Today I'm waiting for her photos to arrive via FedEx.  I ordered them online with MPix (my favorite photo printer) which brings me to another story if you have the time.  If not, scroll on down to the next photo.

I taught two classes on this project last fall, (I bought a license to be able to teach it but you can buy a tutorial for it from Kathy Orta Files of Paper Phenomenon >HERE<).  By the time I got done with those classes and the sample albums that I made I thought I would never want to make another but I guess time is a good thing and so I decided to use this design for the Graduation project! Last Thursday, I visited Cat's Creations Scrapbook Store and bought some papers so I could start on it over the weekend.  I got the box made and decorated as well as the album.   I had the photo below and the graduation invite for the first page, but needed to print the photos that were on the computer. Since the album would be ready on Sunday, I figured I would this one time upload the pics to CVS so I could pick them up in town on the same day.  The upload was done by noon with estimate the prints would be ready by 3:00 p.m.  I also received an email at 2:57 p.m. that my order was ready for pick up.  At 5:20 I arrive at CVS to pick up my order except that....they LOST my prints! What???!!!  They remembered printing them and seeing the package but couldn't remember where they put them.  After 10 minutes of looking, they decide to reprint.  It would only take 6 minutes.  Okay, but hubby is waiting in the van. So for 5 minutes they try to print and couldn't get the machine to work. Finally I say..."you can't print them?"  And the guy says no, I'm sorry.  Of course by now I'm a very unhappy camper! I told him to just cancel my order and I'll have them done somewhere else and I leave.  When I got home, I sent an email complaint to CVS customer service. They have replied they are very sorry for my experience and have put a credit for 20 free 4x6 photos on my account.  Well, good, but I probably won't ever use it.  Luckily I did not pre-pay for the original order.  Sunday night I uploaded the images to MPix and paid a little extra for one day FedEx shipping.  They will be here today.  Lesson learned--always use the place/company that you've had good service with even if you have to wait a day or two.

I still have two more pages in the album to cover with patterned papers and then I'll be ready to add the photos.  I'll share some of those once I get them done.  I'll also share tomorrow or the next day the Photo Frame Memory Box.  I needed a photo for the frame that's on the lid.  It's looking really cute!

Have a great day!

Popular Posts