Sweet Sentiments ~ Graphic 45 Mini Album


I absolutely adore Graphic 45 papers.  How about you?  When I saw this Sweet Sentiments 8x8 paper pad and embellishments at Cat's Creations Scrapbooks store in Mineral Wells, Texas;  I had to buy it even though I didn't have a plan or project for it.  It has been sitting on  one of my counters in my crafty room for weeks, possibly months?  I had decided that it would be fun to create a mini album using the 8x8 papers for the pages but I never found the time to get started on it.

A couple of weeks ago as I was packing for an impromptu crop day with my friend Barb to work on our Graphic 45 Place in Time calendar project, I decided to quickly put an album cover and hidden hinge together for the Sweet Sentiments papers to take with me just in case I got tired of working on the other project.  My friend Barb was a little late arriving, so while I waited , I went ahead and covered the outside of the album with papers but that's all I got done until this past weekend.  March 1st was a beautiful spring like day, I had some errands to run and took a nice walk outside but this album was calling out to me to "finish it!"  So I did spend part of the day creating the pages and pockets.


On Sunday, March 2nd the weather turned ugly---temps dropped to way below freezing, we had thunder sleet and snow, so I really got down to business on this album and got it done!  The front cover is covered with some of the 12x12 papers from the Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments collection and then I added one of the beautiful pages from the 8x8 pack.  I was toying with not adding anything else to the front that would cover the images but then I got to playing with some of the pretty things in my stash and I came up with the above arrangement!  It includes some of the chipboard pieces from the collection, various flowers, pearls and butterflies.  I love it!

I had a lot of fun working on the inside pages too. I designed and created pockets and fold outs and decorated each page.  Below is one set of pages, it's really hard in a still photo to see what all the interactive elements do, so I've made a video of the album.  I'm uploading it to Youtube today and will share it in another post tomorrow (Thursday March 6th) so check back for that.

It was great to spend a very cold Winter day in my warm and cheerful crafty room creating a very SPRING album!  Thanks to Graphic 45 for the awesome collection!

To see more of this album, be sure to come back tomorrow for the video tour.

Have a great day!

Popular Posts