Christmas 2014 Toilet Paper Tube Mini Christmas Album


Hello and happy Monday to you! I'm a bit late with my blog post today because it is...well, Monday. Getting things done went downhill with the washing machine not working right and me having to wait to get the laundry started until hubby could repair it after lunch.   Anyway, it's back up and washing which is a good thing because I did NOT want to head out to the laundromat!

Over the weekend I got to work on several small projects that I'd started on but not quite finished.  I enjoy having a "finish it up" session now and then, don't you?  Anyway, this is one of those projects--a super cute little Christmas mini album created out of.....toilet paper tubes!

To create this, you need six toilet paper tubes that you have flattened out.  Here's a good tip that I learned--use your Big Shot to roll them really flat.  You'll use two of them for the front and back covers.  You need to glue them completely shut unless you want to make pockets in them like those in the "pages."  Four tubes make up the pages inside.  I painted the edges of my tubes with Picket Fence (White) Distress paint to make the edges a lighter color.  For the hinges you create a spine out of a scrap of chipboard and use any type hinge you like such as Kathy Orta's Hidden Hinge, Laura Dennison's Stack the Deck or what I did--individual hinges with scraps of cardstock.  Then have fun decorating!




Here's a Youtube video I made to share what the album looks like on the inside.

To view the video in a larger format, click on the word YouTube in the bottom right corner of the video.

This would make a wonderful little stocking stuffer for Christmas morning!  Check back tomorrow as I hope to have another quick project to share.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts