Goodbye December & 2014 {Christmas File Folder Folio Album}


Well yesterday just whizzed by and before I knew it the day was over and I did not get this post done. Ugh.  I had so much office work to do too and didn't get it done either!  Yep, the day just whizzed by just like 2014 did! Seriously.  The year went by way too fast and here we are on New Years Eve getting ready to say goodbye to 2014.

So earlier in December I watched a YouTube Tutorial by Just a Few Designs { you can find it >HERE<} There are lots of tutorials out there for folio type albums.  I liked the looks of the one by Just a Few {maybe it was the Halloween design} and decided to make one for Christmas.  I got it constructed but not finished.  After Christmas I finally had time to work on it.  But you know me, I added way to many flaps and mats and embellishments.  It would NOT lay flat!  So I altered it.  I cut it right down the middle, created a 1" spine piece from black cardstock and attached it to the two sections with black KraftTex that I embossed with dots.  Then I added a hairband elastic closure and I love it!  You know the saying..."Make lemonade out of lemons."  I think maybe that's what I did.


Creations Details:
  • Black Medium Weight Chipboard for covers (cut 2)  6 1/4" wide x 9" tall, for spine (cut 1) 1" x 9"

  • Black KrafTex

  • Dot Embossing Folder

  • Letter Size File Folder

  • Red Cardstock

  • Black Cardstock

  • Doodlebug Essentials Santa Express Collection

I think this will be the last Christmas project that I'll share for awhile though it's never too early to get started on things for NEXT Christmas!  Remember how fast 2014 whizzed by--I bet 2015 will be even faster.  Hmmm...maybe I should just leave my Christmas decorations up. Ha, ha. Just kidding.

Here's wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!  Have fun but stay safe and well!


Happy Crafting,
Sandy

Popular Posts