Happy Holidays {Santa Canvas}



It's been a pretty awesome weekend!  Got most of what I wanted to get done accomplished--not all, but most!  Finished up a mini album, picked out and purchased the ceramic tile for our kitchen backsplash, started working on my Santa canvas Friday night and finished it up on Saturday morning. Later we had  dinner out at the Brazos River Cafe with friends, drove around (well hubby drove us around) and looked at Christmas lights  and then we all went to see "A Tuna Christmas" at the Theatre Off The Square in Weatherford.  It was actually pretty good, worth several laughs and even hubby liked it, didn't fall asleep and had a good time.  We really enjoyed the dinner, company and the show! Hope to do it again one day.  Then today we've had rain!  And I've spent a bit of time in the crafty room working on cards for two challenges that go live tomorrow.    I video taped the tutorial for this canvas but still need to edit it so I would say that it will be on the blog Tuesday or Wednesday this week.


I so love how this canvas turned out!  A few weeks ago, I saw one on Pinterest except it was with spring flowers and a butterfly. It was gorgeous! I remembered that I had a small (10"x 10") canvas from a kit that I'd never done lying around SOMEWHERE in my craft room.  (The kit was colors that I did not like--not sure why I had it, but I'm glad now that I did! Ha, ha.) I had to hunt for the canvas and decided that it would be perfect for a Christmas canvas.  I want to go on the record to say that I am NOT an artist as far as drawing and painting goes, nor am I that great at mixed media but I did discover certain steps while creating this that has me hopeful for those of us that struggle with this.  I will share how I did the background and added dimension to this in my video so do check back later this week.  If you haven't already done so, I encourage you to either follow me on Bloglovin or by RSS (feedburner) or by email.

Happy Crafting,
Sandy

Popular Posts