Happy New Year * Let It Snow * Winter Wishes


Hello and Happy New Year!  I don't know about you but it's a bit hard to grasp that we are in the year 2017!  Just where as the time gone??!!  Today we start our first 2017 card challenge over on Cards in Envy.  The theme is "Snow Birds."  Which means we want cards that have some or a lot of snow--snowflakes (like on mine), snowmen, snow blizzards, snow scene, etc. WITH one or more birds.  I decided to use some Graphic 45 paper to create my Snow Bird card for the challenge.

Here's a list of my supplies:
  • Graphic 45 Time to Flourish 8x8 paper pad

  • Graphic 45 Time to Flourish 6x6 patterns & solids paper pad

  • White cardstock for a 5x5 base

  • Button Twine

  • Stampendous! Class a' peel Stickers, Dot Sparkler Sliver

  • Wink of Stella Pen, Clear

This card is entirely created from the Graphic 45 paper pads, even the "Happy New Year" sentiment. I just started cutting out "scenes" from the 8x8 paper and layering onto some of the 6x6 papers and then layered it all together into this card design.  This is the first time I've used the Stampendous! Class a' peel Stickers.  They were included in my Graphic 45 Designer box of supplies.  These are great for cards as they are completely flat yet add just the right amount of sparkle and look a bit like rhinestones.  I know they are hard to see in the photos but there is one in the center of the button twine bow and in the centers of the snowflakes on the paper.  I think you can see some of them in the photo below a bit better.


And that's it for my first 2017 blog post.  If I get the time, I might do a favorite projects of 2016 blog post sometime this week.  But that's a big might. Ha, ha.  For now, I hope you will join us over at Cards in Envy for our "Snow Birds" card challenge.  It runs for 2 weeks.  Cards linked to the challenge must be flat enough to be mailed in an envelope.  They can be any size and any shape.

I wish each of you a blessed and happy New Year and lots of crafting time!

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts