I Love You in Pink & Gray


Hello! It's time again for another card challenge over on the Cards in Envy blog.  This time the theme is any occasion as long as it is pink & gray which means it's a color card challenge.  I decided to go with something appropriate for the upcoming month of love--February.  This card would be a great Valentine but then you could use it any time of the year too.

For this one, I pulled out an older 12x12 paper collection--Pink Paislee's Secret Crush as it definitely had pink and gray patterns that I could use for the card.  I decided to take several different rectangle and oval dies and cut out layers and used a mish mash of those shapes to create this card.  I inked the edges of the gray papers with Prima Ink Vintage Pink and the edges of the pink papers with Prima's Worn Jeans (gray color).  A few punched hearts out of the paper and inked in pink (the paper has tiny gray squares) pulled the layers together as did the gray bow tied from seam binding ribbon.  The sentiment is also cut out of the paper and attached with foam squares while the layered piece is attached to the white cardstock base with foam tape.  I used 3 in 1 glue to attach all the layers together. The small hearts are a Stampin' Up! punch that I've had for quite some time.

Here you can see a close up of the inking around the edges.




You'll notice that I offset the rectangle layers and then layered the oval on top of those.  I like how it turned out.


I invite each of you, if you make cards, to pull out some pink & gray and create a card for this challenge.  Remember it must be flat enough to go in an envelope for mailing but can be any size and any shape.  The challenge runs until February 5th and you'll find more details over on Cards in Envy.

Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts