Finished Mini Album for Finish it Friday!


Last Friday I decided to have a go at doing my Finish it Friday series of blog posts again and get some of my UNFINISHED projects done.  I picked up a little mini album that I started on last year and decided it definitely was time to get it done. I'd waited too long to buy the same papers that I started out with so I had to pull in a different collection.  I think I did okay.  I worked on it Friday night and also over the weekend and I'm happy to say that I did get it done and sharing it here today for my Finish it Friday post!

I started the album using  the “Family Reunion” by Echo Park paper collection but quickly ran out and didn't buy more. So to finish it, I pulled out "Summer Lovin" by Carta Bella and added those to the papers already in the album.  This changed it from a "Family Reunion" theme to a "Family Reunion/Summer Vacation" theme.  I think it works and I do love those Summer Lovin' papers and colors.  In the photo above you are seeing one of my favorite layouts--a waterfall page  and below are more of the pages in the album.



The little campers are cut from the paper collection and attached to the strip of paper so that they slide and can be moved across the page.  Each camper has Glossy Accent added to them to make them look like thick embellishments.










And the finished cover that I shared last week...


I know I said that I would decide on my next Finish Friday project and announce it in this post but, well....I haven't decided yet and now I'm out of town for my family reunion.  We'll be at the lake camping all weekend and it will be very hot but it will be so much fun spending time with friends and family!  Next week I'm also cutting and prepping class kits for my June 24th class at Flossie Scrapper.  I'm teaching a class on my French Country Mini Album. There are still some spots left but you do need to register in advance and the last day to do so is next Thursday the 22nd.  Contact the store to sign up at 817-295-7100.  Here's what we will be making in class:


I've also got my class dates set for July & August!  These classes will also be at Flossie Scrapper in Joshua, Texas.

July 22 - Nature Sketchbook Mini Album to go inside the Treasure Box we made at the May class.  If you did not take the box class, you can still take the album class and finish it at home with any paper collection you choose.  The class fee to create a black blank album is $55.  If you took the Nature Sketchbook Treasure Box class and want your album to match your box, you can add on the decorative paper kit for an extra $20.

August 12 & 13 - Master Detective Curio Cabinet with Folio Album. I don't have this one made yet but the design is planned and once it's done I'll have a price for you.  This is a two day class so we can make the Curio Cabinet on Saturday and the Folio Album that fits inside of the cabinet on Sunday.  Mark your Calendar!

Have a great weekend and Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts