Rusting Up Some Chippies for GSL


If you love Steampunk, rustic or rusted metal embellishments--you'll want to check out my  video tutorial for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  I'm up on their blog today and I used two different chipboard sets from their store to create the rusted bike you see in the above photo and all the other rusted elements on the cover of my mini album.  These are definitely perfect for masculine cards and albums AND they are really easy to create.  You would not think that these embellishments were made of "cardboard" rather than metal.


Last year while we were on our road trip to Iowa, we stopped by a scrapbook store in Ankeny called Memory Bound Scrapbook Store. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular.  I just wanted to see what other scrapbook stores have but I was intrigued by some rusted items and asked what was used to create that look.  I ended up buying some Pentart Rust Effect Powder and three different Reagent liquid colors.  I brought them home and have had them on my shelf in the crafty room for 9 months!!! Finally last week, I took the plunge and gave them a try on these Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chippies and I love how they turned out!  So much fun!! You really must give it a try.  I'm not sure if they still are, but last year these Pentart products were being sold under Bo Bunny so check with your local scrapbook store to see if they have them available or maybe something similar.

Here's my Video:



Products from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Store:

For a Tutorial on how to make this Mini Album out of one 12x12 sheet of cardstock and one large Graphic 45 Tag, check out my Snapguide:
Check out How to Create a Graphic 45 Father's Day Mini Album by Sandy Trefger on Snapguide.


Happy Crafting!
Sandy

Popular Posts