Finish it Friday brought to you on Saturday


If you remember, a few weeks ago, I picked the project shown above as my next Finish it Friday project but so far I haven't been able to work on it--until last night.  But it was late when I stopped working on the two sections I decided to work on. Actually it was late when I worked on them but anyway, I did get something done! Yay!  As a way of keeping me accountable and getting some of my unfinished projects done, I like to share a blog post on my progress.  I prefer to share the Finish it Friday posts on a Friday but well...here's this one on a Saturday.

I worked on the inside cover and decided to keep is simple and flat to ensure that the cover will stay closed as designed with magnet snaps under the patterned paper.  On the left side that you see below, I created a pocket to hold small monthly calendars that are from the Graphic 45 Time to Flourish collection.  And at the top, I create a mat holder with corner slots for the current month.  I know it's not January right now. Ha, ha. That's just the one I put in to see if I'd cut the slots right.  I put matching blue patterned paper on the first page of the journal that you can see on the right side.


On the right flap, I created a chipboard swing closure and added ephemera cards to make a "booklet."  You swing the chipboard piece (attached to a brad) down to open up the "booklet."


Inside is another ephemera card from the collection, except I used the back side to create a journaling spot.


I also worked on the section that opens on the left side underneath the cover of the journal.  Again, I kept it simple and flat as magnet snaps also hold this section closed.  I patterned both sections and added ivory photo mats with decorative punched corners.  I added a sticker from the collection to the bottom right side.


And that's what I got done so far on this Finish it Friday project. Check back next week as I do hope to get a bit more done on it next Friday.

Happy Crafting!

Sandy

Popular Posts