Sister Layout for Graphic 45: Penny's Paper Doll Family


Have you ever seen a paper collection and knew right away what photo it was perfect for?  I have and that's what happened when I saw Graphic 45's newest collection--Penny's Paper Doll Family!  There's this black and white photo of myself when I was around 2 years old with my sister Barbara when she was 7.  I printed up a copy of it and created this 12x12 scrapbook layout using this gorgeous collection! So much vintage goodness for fussy cutting and the colors of the papers are wonderful.  I even added one of our mother's hand crocheted doilies to the layout.  In the photo above, you see my doll and my sister's diary. It just seemed right to include those.

If you loved paper dolls as a child.  I know you will love this paper collection.  The images include Penny and her family--mother, father, brother, sister, friends and even a doll "paper doll."  And the clothes! The clothes are amazing and yes, you can cut them out just like the old fashioned paper dolls.  This collection should have arrived at most stores this week.  If you haven't seen it yet, I encourage you to go take a look!

Not only does the collection have the paper dolls, but it has their pets, and other fun elements like the baby carriage below that I fussy cut out.


I added pretty flowers and coordinating ribbons along with lace and rick-rack to get the look I wanted.  I love this layout so much! I purchased a frame for it and have it displayed for now in my craft room.





You'll find more details about my layout and the paper collection on the Graphic 45 blog today plus a video that shows how I put it all together.  I hope you'll check it out. If it's not up yet on the Graphic 45 blog, check back in the afternoon.  My blog post comes out earlier than theirs as they are on the west coast (Pacific time) and it's still early there.

Happy Crafting!

Sandy

Popular Posts